Tuesday, April 1, 2014

HAVE YOU TRIED PINK PANDA IN MANILA?


I had a 17 hour layover in my favorite place Manila and of course the main agenda is to try new restaurants in town so I can have great ideas for food presentation. I was supposed to attend this COOKOUT CHALLENGE of ETIHAD AIRWAYS because I want to beat my friend (ANGELINA) who is a chef wannabe!

Going back to my story of my PINK PANDA experience, I really wanted to try it because it is one of the restaurant of this super cool French/Filipino guy ERWAN HEUSSAFF who is very fond of cooking.



I went there with my mom, I had a bit of a hard time going to the place because of traffic and parking was a bit scarce but nevertheless it was worth finding it.

I believe it is one of ERWAN's best restaurant compared to his other restaurants HATCH 22, Hungry Hound, Premio and NINER(i love NINER tho).


Pink Panda is a Southeast Asian Diner featuring THAI, VIETNAMESE, INDONESIAN, CHINESE and FILIPINO cuisine.



Located at the G/F Y2 Residence hotel, 4687 Santiago Street Corner B Valdez and Singian streets 2981 Makati. If you still can't find it, just google map it or call them at +639062053898.



Anyway I really love the service at PINK PANDA. The waiters were all attentive and welcoming.

For my drink, I ordered the KOPI PANDA which looks like this….
 

Then we had the super cute Panda Buns which consists of steamed pork buns, mushrooms, salted egg and Siracha Hoissin.





 I love their Prawn and Pork LAKSA which comes with a BUCHI dessert. But I asked the waiter to kindly remove the pork and put fish instead since I am not a PORK FAN.



                                                         very yummy laksa

I am craving for some more cargo loading that time so I ordered the Crab Fried Rice as well which consists of yellow rice, crab meat, green peas, broccoli and peppers.



Then for my vegetables I tried the TAHU TELUR which consists of soft tofu, crunchy eggs, shredded cucumber, keycap garlic manis.



I really enjoyed their variety of Americano coffee. I picked the subtle coffee chocolate flavored bean coffee.



With Mom

I enjoyed our lunch. The food and service were excellent, just the location was a bit of a drag. But overall experience was awesome.

MINIMUM BUDGET: 1500 PHP for 2 people.





No comments:

Post a Comment