Monday, December 16, 2013

Hatch 22



I had a few days stay in Manila and had the opportunity to try this cafe at Rockwell Mall Hatch22.

It was OK, it really didn't give me that WOW experience on food.

The place was quiet small. I am naturally claustrophobic, confined places and people sitting close to me makes me feel so uncomfortable. The tables and chairs are very close to each other that you can hear the secret conversations of the table next to you.

I admire the customer service though as the waiters were accommodating and flexible when it comes to adjusting to their guest preference. I love restaurants that know's how to adjust to their guest needs. They don't get locked out with just what's on the menu.


NYOB (not your typical eggs benedict)


Like for example I ordered NYOB (Not Your Ordinary Benedicts) which consists of freshly baked rustic muffins, portobello mushroom, sous vide eggs, Italian ham, chilli orange hollandaise sauce.

I am Pescatarian, I don't eat meat but does eat fish. So I asked the waiter if the chef can change the Italian ham to salmon for my Eggs Benedict, and he agreed. Some restaurants won't.

The NYOB (Not Your Ordinary Benedicts) came and it's totally opposite from its name because it taste like any typical eggs benedict.

My mom tried the Hatch Farm Omelette that has country ham, smoked bacon, tillamook cheddar and monterey jack cheese inside the omelette along with spicy pork sausage, potato haystack and toast.



Again the dish was OK, very typical but I love the presentation and serving size though. My mom wasn't able to finish it as they use 3 eggs for the omelette. Very filling.

As for their coffees I tried the Hatch 22 blend for americano. It was OK.

We also tried the Bread Basket #2 as what they call it. It consists of pandesal epi, pan de month, Spanish bread, chicken empanada, ensaymada, queso de bola butter and hot tsokolate.

BREAD BASKET #2


I love their bread basket!! One thing I enjoyed at Hatch 22 are their freshly baked breads. My favorite is the Pan de regla with the funny red color coconut inside. (I don't know how they made it red though, must be the food coloring). Beautiful taste.

My humble suggestion with the bread basket is that the hot tsokolate is very thin. I was expecting a thick, creamy and native local hot coco but it's not.

And the waiters could have reiterated the Queso de bola butter while serving it because otherwise people will just assume it's just an ordinary butter.

I tried one of their craft cocktails named inner child. If I remember it well, it's made of Rum, almond syrup etc.. It's OK. Nothing special. I still prefer the cocktails at Niner Ichi Nana their sister company where the baristas are more enthusiastic in making unique cocktails.

Rating this restaurant from 1-5. 

5 being the highest and 1 being the lowest, I think I will rate it as 3. Because I still find it a typical median cafe/bakery. 

But their freshly baked breads is a must try though.













No comments:

Post a Comment