Thursday, January 9, 2014

Best After Golf Activity..DRINKING

Happy 2014 everyone! I am sure everyone had a great holiday break and not to mention a great holiday food trip! But I want to know, now that holiday is over, what do you do to lose the extra budge? Are you fond of exercise? Do you go on diet? A great detox perhaps?



For me I go for my yearly golf game with my Aunt Cora. Every January, the first month of the year we always play golf in the Philippines.  Yes a good 4 hour walk in the golf course is my idea of perfect relaxation.

But after 4 hours of walking under the sun you will feel dehydrated...not to mention very hungry. The last thing you want to talk about is dieting or detoxing.
 So let's not talk about being healthy today as I have some drink suggestions for you.

I have enlisted my best post golf drink for "dehydrated" individuals. This can be applied in any sport as well.

Beer - some say adults only play golf because it is nice to drink beer in the golf course.  I couldn't agree more.  Beer has this magic that taste so good when you are tired.

My 2 favorite beer suggestions are:

                        Hoegaarden


                     

Known as the original Belgian wheat beer. It's refreshing, with spicy coriander taste and curacao orange peel with a surprisingly smooth taste.  A MUST TRY!

Cerveza Negra


A full bodied dark lager made in the Philippines with a rich caramel flavor with the right balance of sweetness and bitterness with a creamy, frothy head. I compared the taste of Guinness beer vs Cerveza Negra and Cerveza Negra taste so much better for the reason that it is not bitter but more of caramel taste.

My Best Cocktail Bet after golf:

Gin and Tonic


Classic, easy and light. A very refreshing drink indeed after a hot afternoon of golf. The best Gin and Tonics are made with the best Gin like Bombay Sapphire or Tanqueray Rangpur. 

Sangria


A very common drink in Spain, this is a huge hit even for those who are not into wine because it is fruit based made with red wine, seasonal fruits, sweetener and brandy. Served cold.

If you were in my shoes, which alcoholic drink would you pick after golf or any sport that you do?
 Share me your thoughts 

No comments:

Post a Comment