Thursday, January 23, 2014

SOUL SEARCHING INCLUDES EATING GREAT FOOD

I jump from places to places around the world and landed just where my heart is and that is in MANILA…I heard there is a new mall open, a bit upscale than usual which is at SM AURA THE FORT. Of course I came there to find great restaurants that I can include in my different phases of SOUL SEARCHING. I happened to crave for some RAMEN which seems to be the latest craze in MANILA.



People have been talking about RAMEN NAGI which is said to be hailed as the best RAMEN version in TOKYO JAPAN. Rumor has it, that RAMEN NAGI also have a branch in HONG KONG which is known as BUTAO where people line up for hours just to get a taste of their RAMEN.




Well lucky for me, I don't need to go to HONG KONG or JAPAN to try this RAMEN PLACE as it is already in the comfort of my own home MANILA VANILLA. =)

I've always been fond of creamy and rich ramen, and I've heard (again rumor has it) that they do have a squid ink RAMEN at RAMEN NAGI. So I was dying to try it.



The waiters were very attentive, and explained to me in detail the kind of RAMENS that they have, their restaurant history and future branches as well. I was impressed, the waiter were very informative and the place was clean as well.



Well of course I will try the BLACK KING (kuroo) Ramen which is made of squid ink plus pork toppings. I DONT LIKE PORK, so I requested the waiter to have NO PORK PLEASE ramen. And they were kind enough to just put it on the side (just in case I change my mind).



My mom (which is my food buddy) ordered THE RED KING (Akao) RAMEN which is their version of spicy yet creamy RAMEN with PORK of course.



The waiter will give you a paper to fill out, how you want your RAMEN, If you want the noodle to be AL DENTE or Soft? etc… what kind of vegetable to put, either cabbage or spring onions?

I like my noodle to be al dente and my soup to be extra rich.


I like their idea where they let their customers have control of how they like their RAMEN, because different people have different taste and preference. Always a WIN/WIN choice to ask them.

I made the right decision of not putting the pork meat, as the pork meat was too salty which if mixed inside the RAMEN makes the taste salty as well.

My mom complained later on, the saltiness of her RAMEN and later found out because of the pork meat.



Per table there was a pitcher of cold tea for free. Enjoy it with your RAMEN.

They have some condiments on the table that you can have. Some extra Garlic or some BEAN SPROUTS that taste like soaked in kimchi sauce. The waiter told me its better to eat the bean sprouts on the side, and not to mix it with the RAMEN just because it taste better.


I took his suggestion well and enjoyed the Bean Sprouts so much, the waiters kept on refilling their condiments until I get full. EXCELLENT SERVICE, I must say.

I'm a lover of eggs so I ordered a TAMAGO (egg) (extra 50 PHP) to put on top of my RAMEN.
BEAUTIFUL TASTE!



A very delicious and satisfying lunch.


They don't serve dessert and my SOUL SEARCHING for food is not complete without a great coffee plus yummy dessert..

So I walked again around SM AURA and saw another delicious discovery that will make me want to come back again and again.



 CHECK OUT MY NEXT FOOD BLOG: SOUL SEARCHING PART 2: EATING GREAT DESSERTS PLUS COFFEE








No comments:

Post a Comment