Thursday, January 23, 2014

SOUL SEARCHING: THE BEST CAFE MOKA IS AT PAUL

Who can resist a dessert? In my opinion, a meal is not a meal without a dessert. It typically concludes a meal, paired with a great coffee or…? well I am a little biased with tea, as I am not really a tea drinker so I will not include it in my list but let's say a hot chocolate perhaps? COFFEE or HOT CHOCOLATE? I LOVE THEM BOTH! I usually order them when the waiter ask me, coffee or hot chocolate ma'am ? It's sooooo mind bugling wasting the cells in my brain to decide which one is the best so I just say I'll have them BOTH. Coffee AND Hot Chocolate.

                                                                COFFEE


OR

HOT CHOCOLATE?



While walking around SM AURA, I happen to end up having dessert at PAUL. YES you heard me right, they have PAUL BOULANGERIE already in MANILA. No I am not talking about in PARIS, but in MANILA.

         
PAUL BRANCH in PARIS

PAUL BRANCH IN SM AURA MANILA

 I remember whenever I have a flight to PARIS I always buy their COCO FLAN before riding the TRAIN (GEEZ I hate riding trains).



But going back to PAUL, some rich guy brought it to Manila named BEN CHAN. He franchised it from PARIS and brought it all the way to MANILA.

BEN CHAN

PAUL is always packed but there is always a seat available for everyone. I went here twice already and it's always the same story.

I sat in a little nook just beside the window which is always my favorite spot so I can have a better view outside the window and observe people's behavior while I talk about them with my mom. haha!



I ordered the usual COCO FLAN which is what I usually order back in PARIS and……and here is where the mind boggling starts.. to have COFFEE or HOT CHOCOLATE????



I observed in their open kitchen, that their hot chocolate seems very dark and thick, just like how I want it. AND IT DOESN'T seem POWDERED!!!

While at the same time, I always want a coffee every after meal, so the kind waiter told me why not try our CAFE MOKA? A mixture of coffee and our version of hot, dark and semi sweet chocolate. I gave it a go.



The drink was like made in Heaven. I've never had this perfect cup in years. Its semi sweet, little bitter but creamy and extremely delicious combination of hot chocolate and coffee. I tried making them at home but the taste is not the same.



I came back again at PAUL to have lunch and got intrigued with THE CROQUE MADAME PHP 420 which consists of farmer's ham, Emmental cheese, cream, pain de mie topped with a fried egg.




I am vegetarian so i asked the waiter to remove the farmers ham and put mushrooms instead. I got what I requested. Of course my order won't be complete without my CAFE MOKA.


My cravings were satisfied and I can't wait to go back to PAUL and RAMEN NAGI again and again. And I encourage you to try it as well as my SOUL SEARCHING for food was deeply satisfied.



Till next time!





No comments:

Post a Comment