Sunday, October 27, 2013

BREAK OUT FROM THE NORM

What you did are just "expected"! These are the words that are still fresh in my mind when I was still starting out in a company where I am currently working right now. I was presenting an idea to my boss about the work that I just did and then she just told me "What you did are just "expected"!! OUCH!!!

 I couldn't seem to understand the word yet "expected" back then, when in my mind I did a great job. I even felt that I have done them a great favor.  I deserve a trophy. 

Now everything is so clear to me that being "average" is not cool. Doing what is "expected" is never enough. We have to break free and be creative. OUTSTANDING is the new standard nowadays.

Outstanding in food is the new standard. Give me something that is not expected, and that is something worth trying. 

When will I get an invitation from people to have coffee, not in the usual Starbucks or Coffee bean but to have coffee in a VIETNAMESE RESTAURANT where they serve this delicious vietnamese coffee that "WOWed" me all the time because of the balance combination of sweetness and bitterness of a perfect cup of coffee. 

My friends or even my mom get surprised whenever I invite them for coffee in a Vietnamese restaurant. Not in your typical Starbucks where having cappuccino or a latte is already "expected". My advice is to break free from the norm, be adventurous. You'll never know what you're going to get.


Hot Vietnamese Coffee with Condensed Milk
Cà phê sữa nóng = COFFEE MILK HOT (VIETNAM)

I love having my VIETNAMESE COFEE in ABU DHABI at HANOI RESTAURANT opposite NBAD, Khalifa street AL Markaziya, ABU DHABI. Tel: 02 6261112
                                          and 
LE PETITE CAMILLE Greenbelt 5 mall second floor, Manila Philippines.



HALF and HALF

COFFEE HALF and HALF

         When you get to Manila, I beg you to be adventurous. Head down to Illy Coffee shop in Rockwell mall and order the COFFEE HALF and HALF. Its a good combination of illy espresso, liquid chocolate, liquid sugar and Ice Cubes.. WOW....It was my kind of taste in coffee. If I am only in Manila now, I will have it almost everyday.

THE TALLEST LEMON MERINGUE PIE

TALLEST LEMON MERINGUE PIE


Why don't we break free? Let us not have coffee or even brunch at MUGG and BEAN in Abu Dhabi for a change. Let's share a BIG SLICE of this TALLEST and BIGGEST and FATTEST Lemon Meringue pie I have ever seen so far. The taste is WOW as well, it went beyond its presentation.


SPECULOOS of HAAGEN DAZS




I came from Paris last month via Etihad and AirFrance, and this ice cream flavor of Haagen Dazs is a stunner. Melt it a little bit and your eyes will close already from its goodness of this peanut butter ice cream. I remember sharing it to all my crew this lovely dessert just to see if they will also close their eyes at every bite!haha and they did! because it's the best flavor of ice cream I had so far that you will only find in First and business class of Etihad Airways and Airfrance Airline coming from PARIS. Don't ever miss this one!

THE BEST COMBINATION IN A YOGURT DRINK

LYCHEE GREEN TEA YOGURT DRINK


I just had this from our Cafeteria this morning because of my fervent curiosity of trying out new things. I am looking for a unique drink that will satisfy my hunger as a healthy morning snack. AL AIN Lychee Green Tea yogurt drink is a winner. Loving the combination of Lychee and Green tea I am now heading to the grocery store to hunt this flavor of yogurt and I do hope you get to try this.

Everyone wants to make a difference. But only a few stands out. Let us be adventurous and break out from the norm!   







No comments:

Post a Comment