Saturday, November 2, 2013

The Salted Egg Vegetable Corn Soup



       We all need to break out from the NORM as what I have said in my previous article. 

Gone are the days where the only food that we know how to cook are spam and eggs. 

Gone are the days where the only dish that we know how to serve our guests at home are "CHICKEN ADOBO". (This famous Filipino dish that is my least favorite although there is nothing wrong about it mind you)

Being Creative, Experimental and Wild when it comes to cooking is a favorite hobby of mine (feeling sorry for my guests at home that they have to adjust to my tastebuds). 

I like it when it is easy and uncomplicated as I don't have time to do the complicated stuff as I am a working woman. The little time honed in making a good meal THE BETTER for me. 

Lets leave the complicated meals for the CHEFS or our Mom's cooking as they seem to enjoy it so much (big respect for them).  

I personally don't enjoy sautéing garlic and onions so I skipped that part as well BUT I still end up have a tasty meal and this recipe that I am going to share to you is one of my favorite meals.


Powder CORN SOUP



This soup is one of my favorites. You can get them in Manila or if you have other corn soup flavor, you can use that as well.

What I do is... PUT the RAW BROWN PASTA (you can use white pasta as well depending on your choice) and FRESH VEGETABLES (of your choice) in one large POT.

Let it boil for 10-15mins....

Leave the boiled water, pasta and vegetables in the POT and put the KNORR SOUP powder.

STIR in low heat until the powder from the SOUP dissolves.

Once it becomes creamy from STIRRING for 5-10mins put in a bowl. 

ADD the SALTED EGG (can be bought in MANILA) on top. If you don't have SALTED EGG you can use BOILED EGG.

THEN VIOLA!!! 

ENJOY IT WHILE IT'S HOT. 

SIMPLE FOODS and SIMPLE RECIPES puts a BIG SMILE to a working woman like me who embraces simplicity and uniqueness in their meal.

HAPPY WEEKEND EVERYONE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment