Thursday, November 21, 2013

What is your definition of a good cup of HOT COCO


Some like it icy cold, some prefers it to nibble, some like it mint or with almonds but I would rather sip it HOT… Thats how wide variety we can mix and match our dear old CHOCOLATES…Sometimes I wonder it must be just only 0.1 out of 99.9 percent of people in this earth does not like any kind of chocolate. They must have some food allergy to it for them not to like it. But those 99.9 percent of people LOVES IT.

80 percent of you must be like me, prefers a full bodied, thick, nutty and semi sweet hot coco. If that is the case, this one is for you.

So what is your definition of a good cup of hot coco? For me, just like an expert drinking wine, I made my own characteristic of a GOOD CUP OF HOT COCO. 

I like it thick and rich (full bodied), Dark, semi sweet and nutty. If all those characteristics are met, then I am holding a WINNER..haha 

Why do i like it thick? because that is when you will feel that the taste of the chocolate.

Why do i like it dark? because the darker it gets, the purer it becomes. (my personal opinion) Compare it with a cheap powdered hot chocolate, no matter how many powder you put in a cup, it is still so light,  the color doesn't get dark, it just get SWEETER. Why? because 80 percent of those cheap hot coco brands are made of sugar, not chocolate. 

Semi sweet and nutty (optional)… I like it semi sweet because if it gets too sweet, I won't finish the whole cup. I like the feeling after a good cup of hot coco, you would actually want MORE, maybe a second cup? If it gets too sweet, you would feel like you are ready to die of diabetes. That is why SEMI-SWEET is just perfect.

Nutty because i love peanut taste. But most pure hot chocolate have a nutty taste and i adore that nutty taste.
  
 What's for breakfast?

Since we are busy people who doesn't like complicated stuff. I want to share with you how I make my perfect hot coco.



I personally do not like powdered hot chocolate but if you must have one for easy use, try Ghirardelli double hot chocolate (which you can only buy in the US) or head down at Jones D Grocer if you are living in Abu Dhabi and they are selling a chocolate powder named ITALIAN THICK HOT COCO, it taste amazing, just like the hot chocolates in ITALY in the comfort of your home.



 Anyway I have the Ghirardelli hot chocolate now available, so i boiled one cup of water in a pot, and put 2 Sachets of GHIRARDELLI hot coco. (This brand is good because even if i put 2 packs it gets darker NOT only SWEETER) Then I added 1 TBSP of REESE's Peanut butter in a pot. STIR till boil. Put in your favorite cup. VIOLA ENJOY! The simpler it gets the better.



 HAPPY BREAKFATS! haha 

No comments:

Post a Comment