Thursday, November 14, 2013

German Food in Manila: Prost Braumeister



I have been to different places but whenever you say Germany, it always reminds you of beer. I had the opportunity to fly back to Manila last October and I had the sudden craving for German food and beer. I find it weird I know. A self confessed  Pescatarian suddenly had the craving for a good old German Sausage (filled with real meat, pork and beef is definitely inside those sausages) plus a tall glass of German beer perfect combination after a long day or night (in my case) of work.

I was not in the mood to dress up and wants a casual ambiance. But where? Where in the world will I find an authentic German restaurant in Manila? Good thing I still keep in touch with a German friend of mine who happens to be based in Manila and (who lucky for me) is one of the owners of this German Pub in the Fort; PROST BRAUMEISTER. He invited me to try it although he had a business trip to Singapore that day, he just endorsed me to one of the main owners of the bar named Dom Hernandez.

Celebrity Hunk Sam Milby being one of the owners of this German Pub


I should say, I really made exemptions that night to eat pork.  Dom was very accommodating to me and my mom and he knows that a hungry person's need is to be fed well. He ordered for me their best sellers. The Bockwurst (very juicy and tasty) best with mustard (350PHP), Truffled cream pasta (320PHP), The Artichoke Flammkuchen flatbread (for pretentious vegetarians like me) plus 2 tall glasses of a Paulaner beer. 



I noticed that the waiters were very attentive to their guests needs. Ambiance is relaxing, casual perfect for an after work hang out for beers and dinner although the place is quiet small, expect to have small spaces in between tables. But customer service is excellent in that place.

I had small amount of time spent there but i will definitely come back with friends to try their DUCK FAT FRIES.

 Perfect place to hold  small parties and get togethers. If you want to experience German Food or even haven't tried one go to PROST BRAUMIESTER at the Fort, it is the new "IT" place to be. 

PROST BRAUMEISTER is located at FORT POINTE TWO BUILDING, 28th street (known as THE FORT STRIP) Bonifacio Global City, Philippines. Call them at 02 8283940
Lifestyle Feature ( Article MRec ), pagematch: 1, sectionmatch:

No comments:

Post a Comment